Five outfits clarify on social media post
30-Mar-2025
|
By Our Staff Reporter
IMPHAL, Mar 29: Taking note of a social media post with the caption “Treacherous Activities of General Anthony Simray, Army Chief of NSCN(IM)” purported to have been written by one ‘Commander S Khuman’ Min Tha Myanmar and uploaded on March 12, 2025, five revolutionary organisations namely; KCP, KYKL, PREPAK, PREPAK (Pro) and the Koireng-led UNLF have clarified that they have nothing to do with the particular social media post.
The post carries a long story, of which the central figure is General Anthony Shimray, the Army Chief of NSCN (IM).
“The story sounds all Greek to us, as we are not privy to the inside information of a centralized militant organization like the NSCN(IM) and we have no organizational or operational relationship with the said organization. But it alludes to a lot about our own organizations. So, we are compelled to issue this collective clarification”, the five outfits said in a joint statement.
Khuman being the name of one of the largest ‘yeks’ or a cluster of clans of Meitei community, any reader of the particular post, having some primary idea about the naming customs and usages of the Meiteis, will automatically presume that it was written by one Meitei.
The purpose of this write-up is to insinuate that Meitei revolutionary groups are deadly angry with General Shimray and his ‘wrong-doings’ that harm Meitei and Naga revolutionary causes.
“But the foundational truth is that there is no S Khuman in our organizations”, said the outfits.
The outfits said that they do not have the capacity to write such allegations, as they do not have the slightest knowledge about NSCN(IM) and its activities. Only intelligence units of enemy country or insiders of NSCN(IM) will have the knowledge to write or concoct such stories.
“In addition to it, we have nothing to gain by fabricating such allegations. It is none of our business too. This is nothing more than a mischievous machination designed to drive a wedge between Naga and Meitei communities to serve colonial interests; may be a cue from Chanakyaniti”, read the joint statement.
In the last sentence of the para no. 3 of the paper, it is alleged that “behind the screen, he (General Shimray) has been working with Indian Army and its ally PDF against Naga and Meitei fighters”.
The present ground reality in the Manipur-Myanmar border areas is that we, Meitei insurgent groups, are fighting against Indian security forces and their stooge, KNA-B for more than one year.
“In this fight we have not felt the slimmest suspicion that General Shimray or any of his cadres have been working with Indian forces against us”, it said.
In the para 6 of the post, the allegation is purely a figment of imagination and a bunch of lies. It is written that “he (Gen. Shimray) and his boys had been facilitating our (S Khuman and other Meitei militants) return to the Valley on payment basis. Now with the border sealed off and unable to return to the Myanmar base due to constant raids, some Meitei groups had to sign ceasefire.”
“It is also factually wrong. We did not take part in the two-year long Kuki-Meitei clash and no group or faction signed ceasefire after the outbreak of Kuki-Meitei clash. The claim is what is imaginable at most. In the hill areas of Manipur, our physical movement can be done by ourselves independently; it may be risky but doable. No facilitators are required”, the outfits said,
This para smells to be a script drafted by Indian intelligence people who had allegedly engineered the on-going Kuki-Meitei clash, they remarked.
In the para 7 of the write-up, it is alleged that “Our investigation has also confirmed that Anthony & Indian Army have been helping the PDF/KNA(B) to attack our camps in Myanmar to force us too to come to ceasefire, ….”.
Here, the word, ‘our camps’, signifies camps of Meitei dominated groups to which S. Khuman belongs, as the post is supposed to have been written by S. Khuman.
“This is yet another distortion of the truth. We are fighting with the combined forces of Indian security forces and it’s proxy forces, KNF(B) along Manipur-Myanmar Border; we have even circumstantial evidences of some disguised Kuki military advisors from the Indian security forces taking part in attacks directly beyond the border. But we do not have any evidence, however remote and indirect, to arouse our suspicion against NSCN(IM) people”, the outfits said.
The elements of the social media post indicate the desperate attempt by the Indian Army to undermine NSCN’s recent series of revelations to the public about its unholy alliance with Kuki militants in the ongoing alleged State-engineered ethnic strife in Manipur by targeting NSCN-IM and Anthony Shimray.
Beyond this, it is a sinister design by the Indian Army to sow communal hatred among the indigenous peoples of Manipur, further fuelling the ongoing conflict to push Manipur into complete ethnic turmoil, all in service of their alleged colonial interests, the outfits continued.
“Therefore, we, the five revolutionary parties of Manipur/Kangleipak—KCP, KYKL, PREPAK, PREPAK(Pro), and Koireng-led UNLF-- appeal to our fellow indigenous peoples not to fall for such ill-motivated propaganda spread by our enemies”, they added.